1. the act of imitating the behavior of some situation or some process by means of something suitably analogous (especially for the purpose of study or personnel training)
2. (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program
- a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated
3. representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
Similar word(s): model
Definition categories: man–made, representation
4. the act of giving a false appearance
Sentences with simulation as a noun:
- This exercise is a simulation of actual battle conditions.
- The most reliable simulation predicts that the hurricane will turn north.
- Despite extensive simulation in the design phase, the aircraft failed to behave as expected.