1. a vessel that carries passengers or freight
1. transport commercially
2. hire for work on a ship
3. go on board
Similar word(s): embark
4. travel by ship
5. place on board a ship
- ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel
Sentences with ship as a verb:
- to ship freight by railroad
- to ship seamen; I shipped on a man-of-war.
- to ship the tiller or rudder
- We were shipping so much water I was sure we would capsize.
- Can you ship me the ketchup?
- Twins ship Delmon Young to Tigers.
- I ship Kirk and Spock in Star Trek.
- I ship Peggy and Angie in "Marvel's Agent Carter".