1. activities associated with sexual intercourse
2. either of the two categories (male or female) into which most organisms are divided
- the war between the sexes
3. all of the feelings resulting from the urge to gratify sexual impulses
- the film contained no sex or violence
Definition categories: feeling
4. the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles
- she didn't want to know the sex of the foetus
Definition categories: attribute
Sentences with sex as a noun:
- What sex is that hamster?
- The abnormality is found in both sexes.
- Slime molds are sometimes erroneously said to have thirteen sexes.
- The effect of the medication is dependent upon age, sex, and other factors.
- The researchers divided the subjects by sex.
- All you ever think about is sex.
- We had sex in the back seat.
1. stimulate sexually
2. tell the sex (of young chickens)
Sentences with sex as a verb:
- It is not easy to sex lizards.
- The passionate lovers sexed each other every night.
- OK, so I'm sexin' her, right, and all I can think of is this other girl.