1. the activity of persuading someone to buy
- it was a hard sell
Sentences with sell as a noun:
- This is going to be a tough sell.
1. exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent
- She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit
2. be sold at a certain price or in a certain way
- These books sell like hot cakes
3. persuade somebody to accept something
- The French try to sell us their image as great lovers
4. do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
- The brothers sell shoes
5. give up for a price or reward
6. be approved of or gain acceptance
7. be responsible for the sale of
8. deliver to an enemy by treachery
Similar word(s): betray
Sentences with sell as a verb:
- I'll sell you all three for a hundred dollars.
- This old stock will never sell.
- My boss is very old-fashioned and I'm having a lot of trouble selling the idea of working at home occasionally.