1. of superior quality
- select peaches
2. selected or chosen for special qualifications
Similar word(s): superior
Sentences with select as an adjective:
- Only a select few were allowed into the premiere.
- This is a select cut of beef.
1. pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives
- She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her
Sentences with select as a verb:
- He looked over the menu, and selected the roast beef.
- The program computes all the students' grades, then selects a random sample for human verification.