1. the quantity a scoop will hold
Similar word(s): scoopful
2. a hollow concave shape made by removing something
Similar word(s): pocket
3. a news report that is reported first by one news organization
- he got a scoop on the bribery of city officials
Similar word(s): exclusive
4. street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
Definition categories: man–made
5. the shovel or bucket of a dredge or backhoe
Definition categories: man–made, shovel
6. a large ladle
- he used a scoop to serve the ice cream
Definition categories: man–made, ladle
Sentences with scoop as a noun:
- She kept a scoop in the dog food.
- Use one scoop of coffee for each pot.
- I'll have one scoop of chocolate ice-cream.
- He listened carefully, in hopes of getting the scoop on the debate.
1. take out or up with or as if with a scoop
- scoop the sugar out of the container
2. get the better of
Sentences with scoop as a verb:
- He used both hands to scoop water and splash it on his face.
- The paper across town scooped them on the City Hall scandal.
- He was caught scooping in the local park.