1. bringing about salvation or redemption from sin
- saving faith
2. thrifty; frugal.
- wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution
Similar word(s): thrifty
3. relating to making a saving: e.g. labour-saving, energy-saving light bulbs.
Sentences with saving as an adjective:
- a saving cook
- a saving bargain
- The ship has made a saving voyage.
- a saving clause
1. an act of economizing; reduction in cost
- there was a saving of 50 cents
Similar word(s): economy
2. recovery or preservation from loss or danger
- a surgeon's job is the saving of lives
3. the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
Similar word(s): preservation
Sentences with saving as a noun:
- The shift of the supplier gave us a saving of 10 percent.
- I invested all my savings in gold.
- The collapse of Enron wiped out the life savings of many people, leaving them poor in their retirement.
1. With the exception of; except; save.
2. Without disrespect to.
1. present participle of save