1. (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering
- a savage slap
2. wild and menacing
3. without civilizing influences
- a savage people
4. marked by extreme and violent energy
Sentences with savage as an adjective:
- a savage wilderness
- savage manners
- savage beasts
- a savage spirit
- He gave the dog a savage kick.
- The woman was killed in a savage manner.
- - I'll see you in detention.r /> - Ah, savage!
1. a member of an uncivilized people
Similar word(s): barbarian
2. a cruelly rapacious person
1. attack brutally and fiercely
2. criticize harshly or violently
- The press savaged the new President
Sentences with savage as a verb:
- His latest film was savaged by most reviewers.