1. something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate
Definition categories: shape
2. a small shallow dish for holding a cup at the table
Definition categories: man–made, flatware
3. directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
Similar word(s): dish
Definition categories: man–made
4. a disk used in throwing competitions
Similar word(s): discus
Sentences with saucer as a noun:
- The saucer-shaped object could have been a UFO.
1. (transitive) To pour (tea, etc.) from the cup into the saucer in order to cool it before drinking.