1. surrounding and dominated by a central authority or power
- a city and its satellite communities
Similar word(s): outer
1. man-made equipment that orbits around the earth or the moon
Similar word(s): orbiter
Definition categories: man–made, equipment
2. a person who follows or serves another
Similar word(s): planet
3. any celestial body orbiting around a planet or star
Definition categories: object
Sentences with satellite as a noun:
- The Moon is a natural satellite of the Earth.
- A spent upper stage is a derelict satellite.
- Many telecommunication satellites orbit at 36000km above the equator.
- Do you have satellite at your house?