1. a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
2. person of exceptional holiness
Similar word(s): angel
Definition categories: person
3. model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
Sentences with saint as a noun:
- Kateri Tekakwitha was proclaimed a saint.
- Dorothy Day was a living saint.
- Thanks for looking after the house while I'm away. You're a saint!
- It is ruine to a man to deuour saints, and afterward to retract the vowes. (Proverbs 20:25) - Douay Rheims 1635 printing
1. hold sacred
Similar word(s): enshrine
2. declare (a dead person) to be a saint
Sentences with saint as a verb:
- Many wish to see Pope John Paul II sainted immediately.