1. a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.
- an insurance policy is a good safeguard
Similar word(s): guard, precaution
Definition categories: act, measure, step
2. a document or escort providing safe passage through a region especially in time of war
Definition categories: communication, pass, passport
Sentences with safeguard as a noun:
- Getting a flu shot is a good safeguard against illness.
1. make safe
Definition categories: competition, protect
2. escort safely
Definition categories: motion, escort
Sentences with safeguard as a verb:
- She kept a savings to safeguard against debt and emergencies.