1. free from danger or the risk of harm
- a safe trip
- you will be safe here
- a safe place
2. (of an undertaking) secure from risk
Similar word(s): unadventurous
3. (baseball) having reached a base without being put out
- the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball
4. financially safe
Sentences with safe as an adjective:
- You’ll be safe here.
- It’s safe to eat this.
- We have to find a safe spot, where we can hide out until this is over.
- The pitcher attempted to pick off the runner at first, but he was safe.
- The documents are safe.
- dishwasher safe;
1. strongbox where valuables can be safely kept
Definition categories: man–made, strongbox
2. a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
3. contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse