1. a difficult problem
2. a coarse sieve (as for gravel)
Sentences with riddle as a noun:
- Here's a riddle: It's black, and white, and red all over. What is it?
1. pierce with many holes
- The bullets riddled his body
2. set a difficult problem or riddle
- riddle me a riddle
3. separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
Similar word(s): screen
4. spread or diffuse through
- His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks
5. speak in riddles
6. explain a riddle
Sentences with riddle as a verb:
- Riddle me this, meaning Answer the following question.
- You have to riddle the gravel before you lay it on the road.
- The machinegun fire began to riddle the poor Afghanis.
- Your argument is riddled with errors.