1. a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing
- virtue is its own reward
2. payment made in return for a service rendered
3. an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
Similar word(s): reinforcement
4. the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
5. benefit resulting from some event or action
- reaping the rewards of generosity
Similar word(s): advantage
Sentences with reward as a noun:
- For catching the thief, you'll get a nice reward.
- The rewards for bringing in badly wanted criminals are printed on 'dead or alive' posters
- Is this the reward I get for telling the truth: to be put in jail?
1. bestow honor or rewards upon
- The scout was rewarded for courageous action
2. strengthen and support with rewards
Similar word(s): reinforce
3. act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
Similar word(s): repay
Sentences with reward as a verb:
- Why are you rewarding the child for misbehaving?
- Decorations are meant to reward the most meritous acts and services.