1. The outer side of a window or door frame; the jamb.
2. (cinematography, comedy) A revelation; an uncovering of what was hidden.
- The comedian had been telling us about his sleep being disturbed by noise. Then came the reveal: he was sleeping on a bed in a department store.
3. (chiefly Britain, Australia, New Zealand, obsolete in the US) The side of an opening for a window, doorway, or the like, between the door frame or window frame and the outer surface of the wall; or, where the opening is not filled with a door, etc., the whole thickness of the wall; the jamb.
1. make visible
Similar word(s): unveil
2. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- The actress won't reveal how old she is
3. disclose directly or through prophets
- God rarely reveal his plans for Mankind