1. A response.
2. A versicle or short anthem chanted at intervals during the reading of a lection.
3. (architecture) A half-pillar, pilaster, or any corresponding device engaged in a wall to receive the impost of an arch.
1. show a response or a reaction to something
Similar word(s): react
2. react verbally
3. respond favorably or as hoped
- The cancer responded to the aggressive therapy
Sentences with respond as a verb:
- to respond to a question or an argument
- The prisoner was held to respond the judgment of the court.