1. make a copy or equivalent of
- reproduce the painting
2. have offspring or produce more individuals of a given animal or plant
- These bacteria reproduce
3. recreate a sound, image, idea, mood, atmosphere, etc.
- this DVD player reproduces the sound of the piano very well
- He reproduced the feeling of sadness in the portrait
Definition categories: creation
4. repeat after memorization
Similar word(s): regurgitate
Sentences with reproduce as a verb:
- Humans and other mammals reproduce with their genitals.