1. informal abbreviation of `representative'
2. a fabric with prominent rounded crosswise ribs
Similar word(s): repp
Sentences with rep as a noun:
- Try not to make it easy for the tabloids to ruin your rep.
- I get a better bicep workout if I use less weight and more reps.
- When I requested tickets for Nassau, my rep just put me on hold.
- John Doe is a participant in the House of Reps.
- She did her time in reps before she made the grade in West End theatre.
1. To represent; to act as a representative for.
2. (knitting) repeat