1. a payment or series of payments made by the lessee to an owner for use of some property, facility, equipment, or service
Definition categories: possession
2. an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
3. the return derived from cultivated land in excess of that derived from the poorest land cultivated under similar conditions
4. the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
Sentences with rent as a noun:
- A New York city taxicab license earns more than $10,000 a year in rent.
1. let for money
- We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad
Similar word(s): lease
2. grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
3. engage for service under a term of contract
- Let's rent a car
4. hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
Sentences with rent as a verb:
- The house rents for five hundred dollars a month.