1. manifest or bring back
- This action reflects his true beliefs
2. reflect deeply on a subject
3. to throw or bend back (from a surface)
- Sound is reflected well in this auditorium
Similar word(s): reverberate
Definition categories: perception
4. be bright by reflecting or casting light
- Drive carefully--the wet road reflects
Similar word(s): shine
5. show an image of
- her sunglasses reflected his image
6. give evidence of a certain behavior
- His lack of interest in the project reflects badly on him
7. give evidence of the quality of
- The mess in his dorm room reflects on the student
Sentences with reflect as a verb:
- A mirror reflects the light that shines on it.
- The moonlight reflected from the surface of water.
- The shop window reflected his image as he walked past.
- His image reflected from the shop window as he walked past.
- Entries in English dictionaries aim to reflect common usage.
- The team's victory reflects the Captain's abilities.
- The teacher's ability reflects well on the school.
- People do that sort of thing every day, without ever stopping to reflect on the consequences.