1. Scabby; scurvy.
1. a submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water
2. a rocky region in the southern Transvaal in northeastern South Africa; contains rich gold deposits and coal and manganese
Similar word(s): rand
Definition categories: location
3. one of several strips across a sail that can be taken in or rolled up to lessen the area of the sail that is exposed to the wind
1. lower and bring partially inboard
- reef the sailboat's mast
2. roll up (a portion of a sail) in order to reduce its area
3. reduce (a sail) by taking in a reef
Sentences with reef as a verb:
- Reef the paddles.