1. any exciting and complex play intended to confuse (dazzle) the opponent
Similar word(s): razzle
Sentences with razzmatazz as a noun:
- He says he's late for the meeting because his daughter had an emergency at school, but I don't buy this razzmatazz.
- A few politicians are creating some razzmatazz about reinstating the draft.
- Is he really the next big thing, or is all the media attention just a bunch of razzmatazz?
- When I finally got done dealing with all the razzmatazz of college registration, I decided to go out and have a drink.