1. Of the color of the raven; jet-black
- raven curls
- raven darkness
- She was a tall, sophisticated, raven-haired beauty.
1. large black bird with a straight bill and long wedge-shaped tail
Definition categories: animal
1. obtain or seize by violence
2. prey on or hunt for
3. eat greedily
4. feed greedily
- The lions ravened the bodies
Sentences with raven as a verb:
- The raven is both a scavenger, who ravens a dead animal almost like a vulture, and a bird of prey, who commonly ravens to catch a rodent.