1. a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders)
- the death rattle
2. a baby's toy that makes percussive noises when shaken
3. loosely connected horny sections at the end of a rattlesnake's tail
Sentences with rattle as a noun:
- I wish they would fix the rattle under my dashboard.
- The rattle of the rattlesnake is composed of the hardened terminal scales, loosened in succession, but not cast off, and modified in form so as to make a series of loose, hollow joints.
1. make short successive sounds
2. shake and cause to make a rattling noise
Sentences with rattle as a verb:
- to rattle a chain
- Rattle the can of cat treats if you need to find Fluffy.
- We rattled along for a couple of miles.
- She rattled on for an hour.