1. a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion
- listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture
2. a state of elated bliss
Similar word(s): ecstasy
1. (dated, transitive) To cause to experience great happiness or excitement.
2. (dated, intransitive) To experience great happiness or excitement.
3. (transitive) To take (someone) off the Earth and bring (them) to Heaven as part of the Rapture.
4. (rare, intransitive) To take part in the Rapture; to leave Earth and go to Heaven as part of the Rapture.
5. (uncommon) To state (something, transitive) or talk (intransitive) rapturously.