2. (attributive, chiefly US) Made up of several races or ethnicities, or (more broadly) of several cultural or ideological factions.
3. (poker, chiefly of a flop) Composed entirely of different suits.
1. an arc of colored light in the sky caused by refraction of the sun's rays by rain
2. an illusory hope
- chasing rainbows
Sentences with rainbow as a noun:
- a rainbow of possibilities
- Many electoral promises are rainbows, vanishing soon after poll day.
1. (transitive) To pattern with many colours, like a rainbow.