1. accomplished rapidly and without delay
- was quick to make friends
- his quick reaction prevented an accident
2. hurried and brief
- a quick inspection
3. moving quickly and lightly
- quick of foot
4. apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity
- a quick mind
5. performed with little or no delay
- was quick to respond
6. easily aroused or excited
- a quick temper
Sentences with quick as an adjective:
- I ran to the station – but I wasn't quick enough.
- He's a quick runner.
- That was a quick meal.
- You have to be very quick to be able to compete in ad-lib theatrics.
- My father is old but he still has a quick wit.
1. with little or no delay
- come here, quick!
Sentences with quick as an adverb:
- Get rich quick.
1. any area of the body that is highly sensitive to pain (as the flesh underneath the skin or a fingernail or toenail)
1. (transitive) To amalgamate surfaces prior to gilding or silvering by dipping them into a solution of mercury in nitric acid.
2. (transitive, archaic, poetic) To quicken.