1. an attribute that must be met or complied with and that fits a person for something
- her qualifications for the job are excellent
- one of the qualifications for admission is an academic degree
Similar word(s): making
2. the act of modifying or changing the strength of some idea
- his new position involves a qualification of his party's platform
3. a statement that limits or restricts some claim
Similar word(s): reservation
Sentences with qualification as a noun:
- I accept your offer, but with the following qualification.
- Qualification for this organization is extraordinarily difficult.
- What are your qualifications for this job?