1. Having four shots of espresso.
2. (poker slang) Of or relating to quads.
1. one of four children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
Similar word(s): quadruplet
2. a muscle of the thigh that extends the leg
Similar word(s): quadriceps
3. (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words or sentences
Similar word(s): space
Definition categories: man–made, type
4. a rectangular area surrounded on all sides by buildings
Similar word(s): quadrangle
Definition categories: man–made, area
1. (letterpress typography, transitive, intransitive) To fill spaces in a line of type with quads. Also quad out.
2. (typography, phototypesetting and digital typesetting, transitive, intransitive) To align text with the left or right margin, or centre it.