1. commodities offered for sale
- that store offers a variety of products
2. an artifact that has been created by someone or some process
- they improve their product every year
- they export most of their agricultural production
Similar word(s): production
Definition categories: man–made, creation
3. a quantity obtained by multiplication
- the product of 2 and 3 is 6
4. a chemical substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction
- a product of lime and nitric acid
5. a consequence of someone's efforts or of a particular set of circumstances
- skill is the product of hours of practice
- his reaction was the product of hunger and fatigue
6. the set of elements common to two or more sets
Similar word(s): intersection
Sentences with product as a noun:
- That store offers a variety of products. We've got to sell a lot of product by the end of the month.
- Wash excess product out of your hair.
- The product of last month's quality standards committee is quite good, even though the process was flawed.
- They improve their product every year; they export most of their agricultural production.
- Skill is the product of hours of practice. His reaction was the product of hunger and fatigue.
- This is a product of lime and nitric acid.
- The product of 2 and 3 is 6. The product of 2, 3, and 4 is 24.
- I got some product here – you buying?