1. (obsolete) preparation
1. make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
- prepare for war
2. prepare for eating by applying heat
Definition categories: creation
3. to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery
- prepare a report
- prepare a speech
4. arrange by systematic planning and united effort
5. educate for a future role or function
- The prince was prepared to become King one day
6. create by training and teaching
7. lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord
- prepare the discord in bar 139
8. undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession
Similar word(s): train
Sentences with prepare as a verb:
- We prepared the spacecraft for takeoff.
- We prepared a fish for dinner.
- We prepared for a bumpy ride.
- She prepared a meal from what was left in the cupboards.