1. existing in possibility
- a potential problem
2. expected to become or be; in prospect
- potential clients
Sentences with potential as an adjective:
- The heroic man,—and is not every man, God be thanked, a potential hero?—has to do so, in all times and circumstances.
- And hath, in his effect, a voice potential
- From Maxwell equations (6.20) it follows that the electric field is potential: E(r)
- The non-viscous flow of the vacuum should be potential (irrotational).
1. the inherent capacity for coming into being
2. the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
Similar word(s): voltage
Definition categories: phenomenon
Sentences with potential as a noun:
- Even from a young age it was clear that she had the potential to become a great musician.