1. of or relating to Poland or its people or culture
- Polish sausage
1. the property of being smooth and shiny
2. a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
- they performed with great polish
3. a preparation used in polishing
4. the Slavic language of Poland
Sentences with polish as a noun:
- A good silver polish will remove tarnish easily.
- The floor was waxed to a high polish.
- The lecturer showed a lot of polish at his last talk.
1. make (a surface) shine
- polish my shoes
2. improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
3. bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
- polish your social manners
Similar word(s): round
Sentences with polish as a verb:
- He polished up the chrome until it gleamed.
- The band has polished its performance since the last concert.