1. a plan of action adopted by an individual or social group
- it was a policy of retribution
Definition categories: thought
2. a line of argument rationalizing the course of action of a government
- they debated the policy or impolicy of the proposed legislation
3. written contract or certificate of insurance
- you should have read the small print on your policy
Similar word(s): insurance
Sentences with policy as a noun:
- The Communist Party has a policy of returning power to the workers.
1. (transitive) To regulate by laws; to reduce to order.