1. exactly vertical
- the tower of Pisa is far out of plumb
1. completely; used as intensifiers
- I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out
2. conforming to the direction of a plumb line
- fell plumb in the middle of the puddle
Similar word(s): plum
Sentences with plumb as an adverb:
- It hit him plumb in the middle of his face.
- Years ago the well plumb dried out, not a drop of water in there since.
1. measure the depth of something
2. weight with lead
3. examine thoroughly and in great depth
4. adjust with a plumb line so as to make vertical