1. a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
- they concocted a plot to discredit the governor
Similar word(s): game
2. a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
- a bean plot
Similar word(s): patch
3. the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.
- the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal
4. a chart or graph showing the movements or progress of an object
Sentences with plot as a noun:
- The plot would have enabled them to get a majority on the board.
- The assassination of Lincoln was part of a larger plot.
1. plan secretly, usually something illegal
- They plotted the overthrow of the government
2. make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed
Similar word(s): diagram
3. make a plat of
Similar word(s): plat
4. devise the sequence of events in (a literary work or a play, movie, or ballet)
- the writer is plotting a new novel
Sentences with plot as a verb:
- They had plotted a robbery.
- They plotted the number of edits per day.
- Every five minutes they plotted their position.
- They were plotting against the king.