1. used in polite request
- please pay attention
Sentences with please as an adverb:
- Please, pass the bread.
- Would you please sign this form?
- Could you tell me the time, please?
- May I take your order, please?
- —May I help you? —Please.
- Oh, please, do we have to hear that again?
1. give pleasure to or be pleasing to
- These colors please the senses
Similar word(s): delight
2. be the will of or have the will (to)
- he could do many things if he pleased
3. give satisfaction
- The waiters around her aim to please
Sentences with please as a verb:
- Her presentation pleased the executives.
- I'm pleased to see you've been behaving yourself.
- Just do as you please.