1. having the ability to perceive or understand; sharp in understanding.
2. painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
- piercing knifelike pains
- piercing cold
- piercing criticism
Sentences with piercing as an adjective:
- piercing eyes
- The piercing noise of the children could be heard two blocks from the elementary school.
1. (uncountable) The action of the verb to pierce
2. A hole made in the body so that jewellery/jewelry can be worn through it
- ear piercing
3. The jewelry itself
1. present participle of pierce