1. the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
Similar word(s): fur
Definition categories: substance
2. body covering of a living animal
Definition categories: animal
1. cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile
- They pelted each other with snowballs
Similar word(s): bombard
2. attack and bombard with or as if with missiles
- pelt the speaker with questions
Similar word(s): pepper
3. rain heavily
Sentences with pelt as a verb:
- They pelted the attacking army with bullets.
- The children pelted apples at us.
- It's pelting down out there!
- The boy pelted down the hill on his toboggan.