1. a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
Similar word(s): nog
Definition categories: man–made, pin
2. small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
Similar word(s): pin
3. informal terms for the leg
4. a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Similar word(s): leg
Definition categories: man–made, prosthesis
5. regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
Definition categories: man–made, regulator
6. a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Definition categories: man–made, holder
Sentences with peg as a noun:
- Hang your coat on the peg and come in.
- a peg to hang a claim upon
1. succeed in obtaining a position
Similar word(s): nail
2. pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
3. fasten or secure with a wooden pin
- peg a tent
4. stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations
- The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar
Sentences with peg as a verb:
- Let's peg the rug to the floor.
- I found a tack and pegged your picture to the bulletin board.
- She lunged forward and pegged him to the wall.
- China's currency is no longer pegged to the American dollar.
- He's been pegged as a suspect.
- I pegged his weight at 165.
- She pegged twelve points.
- We pegged the speedometer across the flats.