1. the short weak cry of a young bird
Similar word(s): cheep
2. a secret look
Similar word(s): peek
Sentences with peep as a noun:
- I don't want to hear a peep out of you!
- "Peep, peep," said Edward, "I'm ready.""Peep, peep, peep," said Henry, "so am I."
1. look furtively
- He peeped at the woman through the window
2. cause to appear
- he peeped his head through the window
3. make high-pitched sounds
4. speak in a hesitant and high-pitched tone of voice
5. appear as though from hiding
- the new moon peeped through the tree tops
Sentences with peep as a verb:
- The man peeped through the small hole.