1. of or relating to the feet
- the word for a pedal extremity is `foot'
1. a sustained bass note
2. a lever that is operated with the foot
Similar word(s): treadle
Definition categories: man–made, lever
Sentences with pedal as a noun:
- There are three pedals on manual cars, two on automatics.
- A piano usually has two or three pedals.
- the pedal of a loom
1. ride a bicycle
2. operate the pedals on a keyboard instrument
Sentences with pedal as a verb:
- to pedal one's loom
- He was out of breath from pedalling up the steep hill.