1. (archaic) Shut up!, silence!; be quiet, be silent.
2. (slang) Shortened form of peace out; goodbye.
1. the state prevailing during the absence of war
2. harmonious relations; freedom from disputes
- the roommates lived in peace together
3. the absence of mental stress or anxiety
4. the general security of public places
- he was arrested for disturbing the peace
5. a treaty to cease hostilities
- peace came on November 11th
Similar word(s): pacification
Sentences with peace as a noun:
- Our lounge strives to maintain an environment of peace for the comfort of our customers.
- The safety equipment will give me some peace of mind.
- My boy, this peace is what all true warriors strive for.
1. (neologism) To make peace; to put at peace; to be at peace.
2. (slang) To peace out.