1. enduring difficult circumstances with a calm attitude.
- a patient smile
- was patient with the children
- an exact and patient scientist
Sentences with patient as an adjective:
- Be patient: your friends will arrive in a few hours.
- patient endeavour
1. a person who requires medical care
- the number of emergency patients has grown rapidly
2. the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
Definition categories: communication
Sentences with patient as a noun:
- The subject of a passive verb is usually a patient.