1. resembling paste in color; pallid
- he looked pasty and red-eyed
Similar word(s): colorless, colourless, pastelike
2. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
Similar word(s): adhesive, gluey, glutinous, gummy, mucilaginous, sticky, viscid, viscous
Sentences with pasty as an adjective:
- These mashed potatoes aren’t cooked well, they are very pasty.
- He is pasty-faced.
- (figuratively) He was feeling pasty.
- Are you feeling OK? You look a bit pasty.
1. small meat pie or turnover
Definition categories: food
2. (usually used in the plural) one of a pair of adhesive patches worn to cover the nipples of exotic dancers and striptease performers
Definition categories: man–made, patch