1. any authorization to pass or go somewhere
- the pass to visit had a strict time limit
Similar word(s): pass
2. a document issued by a country to a citizen allowing that person to travel abroad and re-enter the home country
3. any quality or characteristic that gains a person a favorable reception or acceptance or admission
- his wealth was not a passport into the exclusive circles of society
Similar word(s): recommendation
Sentences with passport as a noun:
- You will have to bring your passport to prove who you are.
- The tenor's voice was his passport to the international concert circuit.