1. space in which vehicles can be parked
- there is plenty of parking behind the store
2. the act of maneuvering a vehicle into a location where it can be left temporarily
Sentences with parking as a noun:
- Parking in central London can be very difficult.
- It can be difficult to find parking in central London.
1. present participle of park
- Parking a car in a tight spot gave him some satisfaction. (as gerund)His parking skills needed improvement. (as participial adjective)They will be parking the aircraft in the desert for the next few months. (as progressive)Each one of his parkings of securities was a separate count on the indictment. (as gerundial noun)