1. (obsolete) That can easily be prepared or procured; obtainable.
1. a short moral story (often with animal characters)
2. (New Testament) any of the stories told by Jesus to convey his religious message
- the parable of the prodigal son
Sentences with parable as a noun:
- In the New Testament the parables told by Jesus convey His message, as in "The parable of the prodigal son"
- Catholic sermons normally draw on at least one Biblical lecture, often parables.
1. (transitive) To represent by parable.
- Which by the ancient sages was thus parabled. — Milton.