1. (of the feet of water birds) having three toes connected by a thin fold of skin
Similar word(s): webbed
2. of a leaf shape; having leaflets or lobes radiating from a common point
Similar word(s): compound
Sentences with palmate as an adjective:
- Although palmate leaves are typical of most Western maples, a number of species have leaves without lobes.
- The Palmate Newt is a common Western European amphibian.
1. (chemistry) A salt or ester of ricinoleic acid (formerly called palmic acid); a ricinoleate.